Sunday, December 3, 2017

The Five Stages of Grief (Bargaining)


Anything 


You were right to leave,

right to call a quits. I wasn’t

good enough; wasn’t good for us,

but I could change.

If you come back things would be

different.



I could lose the weight.

No more love handles,

no more chubby girl.

I could do it for you,

be the woman you want me to be.



I could grow my hair long.

You loved to run your fingers

through my hair, but there was

never enough,

I was never enough.



I could leave my job,

make more time for you,

more time for us.

Give you all of me for as

long as you want.



If you would just come back,

I could be the lover you want.

I’d learn to please you,

make you yearn for me, salivate

at the very thought of me.

I would do that for you.

I would do anything for you,

anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment