Saturday, November 11, 2017

The Remedy

The remedy was in a bag of Spicy Doritos,
a liter of Mountain Dew, and a large pepperoni pizza.
Another break-up, another ten pounds.
Another ten pounds, another ten minutes over the toilet,
my finger down my throat.
The remedy was in hours of sitcoms and romantic comedies,
action thrillers and horror flicks.
The remedy was in tears that soaked my face, pillows, and blankets.
Tears that dried up, leaving my face a salty, crusty mess.
The remedy was in sleep, long naps, an early bedtime
where I could black out and forget, or remember
you once wanted me just as much as I wanted you.
I had hoped you would love me again but you didn't.
I found the remedy in a bottle of Southern Comfort.
It bit my lips like you used to bite and warmed my body
like Campbell's on a cold winter night.

No comments:

Post a Comment